UAST-1 «Alpha» is the device for automatic welding of fixed-butt joints of pipelines by diameter from 219 mm to unlimited maximum. It is also used for line welds in all spatial positions.
- The device is intended for use in workshop and field conditions with operating temperature from -40°С to +40°С for welding pipes by diameter from 219 mm.
- Welding process can be operated with:
- solid wire (SV08G2S, L-56 and other) in CO2 or in gas mixtures.
- flux-cored wire (Tubrod or other) in CO2 or in gas mixtures.
- The device is used in different situations:
- Welding of all passes with solid wire in CO2 or in mixture.
- Welding of root pass with solid wire in CO2 or in mixture. Welding of other passes with flux-cored wire (Tubrod-like or other) in Ar/CO2 mixture.